Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Weekend Assignments

There is an artist by the name of Miranda July whose work I adore. She is an author, performance artist, conceptual artist, actor, director, and all around amazing. She has a website, Learning to Love You More, which provided assignments for the public to complete. People would then submit their complete work for possible inclusion on the website. No longer active, it is still a fantastic site. I am asking you to complete Assignment #55: Photograph a Significant Outfit. There are lots of examples there. I also want you to complete Assignment #50 from the Learning to Love you More website. Take a flash photo under your bed. These are due on Monday/Wednesday as a RAW files. You will edit it in class then post them to Flickr. I will show you a number of student examples (some better than others) as well as an example that I made.

If you want to read a really excellent collection of short, quirky stories, then I encourage you to read Miranda July's book No One Belongs Here More Than You.







No comments:

Post a Comment